TJ O’Mahony’s Operation & Trading Policy during the COVID Crisis.
This policy is subject to change. Last Updated 12/01/2020.
TJ O’Mahony Builders Merchants & DIY is classified as an essential business as falls into the following categories.
- Emergency supplies to designated HSE, Government & Domestic emergency situations.
- Online Platform that can abide by the NSAI guidelines for online trading at www.tjomahony.ie
- Home Heating Fuel supplier
Our objective is to preserve the health of our employees, our customers, and our supply partners.
Counties where we deliver:
Wexford, Wicklow, Dublin, Meath, Louth, Westmeath, Offaly, Laois, Kilkenny, Carlow, Kildare, Waterford, Tipperary, Limerick, Clare, Galway.
Our current delivery rates are.
- Free delivery on all orders over €250 to the above Counties.
- €9.99 for deliveries to counties where we have a branch (branch locator)
- €35 for deliveries to all other non-branch counties
Customer Delivery Advice:
Please allow 3 – 5 working days for delivery**. We will notify you by email once your order has been dispatched. (No delivery on weekends or Bank holidays).
Small -Medium items generally 1-2 working days, large/pallet/bulky up to 5 working days
If you require any further information on your order you can contact [email protected]
**Delivery times may vary due to COVID-19
We can accept orders via our website www.tjomahony.ie, or by email, or phone.
Our phone lines will be manned to address any project or product query you may have.
Subject to your address we are using a combination of our own TJ O’Mahony delivery Fleet and some couriers where applicable.
Our delivery Charge rates depend on the type & Size of the goods and your location being delivered to.
These rates are displayed to you at the checkout stage (Terms & Conditions apply)
Delivery Delay: During the COVID crisis delivery times cannot be guaranteed. There may be delays. (Terms & Conditions apply)
Click & Collect
At present we are not offering a Click & Collect Services.
You may check out online using PayPal, Credit/Debit Card or Trade Account
Please find the procedures that we are endeavoring to apply to protect our team, our customers and our supply partners.
Procedure for the safe operation of online deliveries as per NSAI guidelines. April 2020.
- Our premises (Stores, Yards, and Warehouses) are open to the public.
- All Staff & Customers must wear Face Masks when inside enclosed buildings.
- An intensive deep clean procedure will be carried out on workstations, vehicles, doors, bathrooms (see the area list below). after completion, a report will be produced and signed by the team member supervising the deep clean.
- Canteens may be used to prepare food (With suitable regular surface cleaning and staff using/washing own plates/cutlery etc) but Staff should not eat in close proximity. Don’t forget to wipe down kettles and switches.
- Standard Social distancing/Coughing prevention procedures will be maintained.
- Hand washing is still the single best practice to prevent the spread of Covid 19.
TJ O’Mahony Own Fleet Delivery Procedures
This is a key component in maintaining the safety of our team, and our customers.
Drivers should ensure an adequate supply of latex gloves, face masks, anti-bacterial (ab) wipes and hand-sanitizer are in the delivery vehicle.
- Drivers will wear latex gloves and face masks, and discard at end of delivery, disposing of them carefully as hazardous waste.
- Prior to the arrival at the delivery location, drivers should ring the customer on phone, they will inform the customer of their impending arrival.
- Always keep a 2-metre distance between yourself and the customer. We do not enter houses.
- Prior to obtaining the customer signature, sanitise the pad & pen,
Ideally do this in the customer’s view (whilst maintaining the physical 2 mt distance. If the customer does not wish to use the pad, ask can you take a photo of them on your pad with the product. (please use cleansing guidelines with your phone)
- If you need to cough or sneeze at any stage always use your elbow not your hands.
- Avoid touching your face as much as possible, especially when you haven’t cleaned your hands.
- At the start of the day and end of each shift drivers should wipe down the vehicle. With an anti-bacterial wipe. Steering wheel, door handles, gear stick, radio, light wands, keys and ignition and lift/crane controls.
- Ensure your van always has a First Aid kit in case someone cuts themself. This will have sterile wipes and plasters.
- Products returned by customers must be wiped down before restocking, or ideally quarantined for 24 hours.
TJ O’Mahony Cleaning Checklist
Record on right hand of this sheet time and date of last clean. At least four times a day.
(Applies to equipment in use)
Wipe down the following:
- All active work surfaces (Counters/food preparation areas)
- Clean Perspex shields.
- Clean Phones/Keyboards/Visa Machines/Screens.
- Door handles.
- Light switches.
- Alarm controls.
- Clock-in machines (should have a supply of AB wipes beside at all times)
- Flush handle
- Light switch
- Toilet paper dispenser
- Ensure that paper towels/soap/hand sanitizer is restocked.
- No cloth towels should be available.
- Dispose carefully of used towels
Ensure hand-sanitizer and AB wipes is restocked and available in all working areas, bathrooms and canteen.